I want to cover something that is very detailed and not for the faint hearted.
If you stick around and read this article to the end, you will gain a solid grasp of:
1. Understand how to use the power of MS SQL Server full text searching, leveraged with jQuery via .NET
2. learn how to use the jQuery tmpl library to its full potential
3. learn how to use .NET handlers making use of datacontract and datamember applied to classes, serialising and deserialising to and from JSON.
4. Understand concepts employed when designing for high traffic scaleable web apps
5. pickup some nice tips, tricks, concepts and design methodologies that will stay with you and take you forward
Ok in a nutt shell i will be explaining how to build the search engine i have just single handedly built in 2 months, thanks to the power of .NET, jQuery and SQL server without which this would not have been possible.
You can see how it works by typing something in the search box here http://www.lowcarboneconomy.com
If you just had a look, im sure you’ll agree its pretty cool. If your an ultra geek and decided to snoop into the code, good luck its hugely compressed and minified, if you wanted help with anything, just ask me.
So lets begin.. oh wait, i dont have time to continue right now…. watch this space for updates